Here is the chain of events:
- You give them an evaluation form with a deadline of 48 hours to enter their input. Encourage them to point out their own specific successes to take credit for them!
- You draft your evaluation feedback.
- They turn in their evaluation with specific examples of successes, and situations that did not go so well.
- They pinpoint two areas where they would like to focus on improving over the next year.
- You compare their input and your feedback and add their input to your form (the official one) as needed, becoming aware of where you might disagree significantly with the employee.
- You deliver their feedback using your copy, and file their self evaluation feedback in their file.